Thursday, January 14, 2010

Belief.

Her snuggled up to me this morning. 7a.m.
 
A conversation that started with circumcision and why she wouldn't allow it to about the belief system of Christianity and how things change as you go through the stages. Christianity. Religion or a belief that you subscribe to?
 
What is faith? How would you classify it? Define, please.
 
And I look back at the path I've come from and I'm a little bewildered by the roads that I've taken. And that I will be taking.
 
Hm.
 
Rushing to work this morning on the crusty bike, creaking as I pumped my legs as fast as I could, trying to beat the clock and get to work. Failed miserably and got to work later than I hoped for. But I guess that's a lesson learnt, isn't it? Leave sooner, be there sooner.
 
Was talking to someone the other day, don't remember who now, but she was telling me that this year seemed so full of promises, so many great and wonderful things to be done.
 
And a quick flashback to a comment about "God has a plan." Pfft.
 
Rang the Higher Authorities and the female counterpart reminded me that this year is the year of the Metal Tiger. I'm a Fire Tiger by Chinese zodiac, not quite the same but still Tiger, nonetheless, so this year should be a good one for me. Funny. How we profess to be Christians and yet, our cultural side of things still take over and we still look at our horoscopes, the animals that predate our birth and connect to that, wishing, hoping for the better.
 
I somehow get why people go to these soothsayers, these tarot card readers, these psychics and mediums and all these craftsmen and craftswomen who foretell the future. It gives you a sense of hope. A sense of what to look out for. And sorry to say this, my readers who are Christian (no offence, really) but getting a prediction from ANY of the above mentioned people somehow beats, "God has a plan."
 
One that isn't outlined does kind of make it hard to see where you're going.
 
And I guess we go back to the subject of faith. And belief. And trust. And hope.
 
Just read the predictions for this year and dear whichever-deity-you-choose-to-believe-in, sometimes, I wish I could believe it if it just wasn't a whole lot of crock.
 
Flashback to a line I quoted this morning when her arm was draped over my neck and the lingering scent of her hair brushed my nose.
 
"I'd rather burn in the fires of hell as an atheist, an agnostic, or an unbeliever and know that while I was on earth, I did my good deeds rather than go to heaven on the terms of salvation and know that while I was on earth, I was a hypocritical sinner who was saved just because I believed in the one man."
 
Anyhow. 
 
Back to work. Thanks for reading. 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home