Friday, January 1, 2010

2010. Bring it.

Sunbathing2

And with a burst of light, its over.
And in comes in 2009.

And with that, I heralded in the beginning of this year.

Just read an acquaintance’s blog and found that he did a summary of the year. I’m tempted to do the same. But knowing me and my dying enthusiasm for things as time goes by, I don’t think I’d bother. Besides, the only way I figured out that I’m going to start blogging again like this was if I was stuck on a plane and then stuck on a bus for another few more hours. Honestly. I need a good kick in the butt.

This year has been…interesting. And that’s all I’m really going to say about it. Sure, there were good and there were bad things that happened, none of which I’m going to really elaborate on here because after all, I’m NOT supposed to be doing a summary of the year. Let bygones be bygones, I say. And lets let everything down where they lay.

The year is going to be something to kind of look forward to next year. I’m thinking of getting some things done and continuing to pursue my dream of hopefully dancing at a more amateur/professional level, and doing as much as it takes to just keep going and make myself proud of my achievements. Whether I really want to continue in ballroom and continue to practise that or should I just call it a day and continue on with salsa which I definitely enjoy a heck of a lot more and want to pursue on a more serious basis? Tough choice.

I’ve got one more year in Wangy. One more year and then I’m not sure where I’d want to go next. I guess the thing I feared was that I’d get attached to the place. I’d build friendships, I’d get connected to the people, the town, the city, the job that when I do want to leave, I’d find it hard because I do not want to leave the familiar. I do not want to have to start all over again, although I probably know that I will have to one way or another.

But its growing on me. I’m learning to like the place, if anything. Though if I was told to move on and get another job, I guess I would. I wouldn’t find it a problem, really. Its just up-ing and going all over again. Pack my bags and I’m ready to go. Just like the song.

The Sister Pharmacist asked me yesterday what were my plans for the long term. And honestly, I couldn’t say anything more than, “I’m not sure.”

I wanted to do locum-ing, getting familiar with the different districts and different areas before deciding on a place that I would want to go to to settle down. And even then, the word “settle down” kinda scares me just a little. I’m not looking forward to a white picket fence and a little red cottage. I’ve always thought I’m more for a minimalist apartment in tones of black, white, and grey. Modernistic and flash. Hm. Sounds like me. I like.

But I’m not even sure if this is what I want anymore.

Maybe I want to be bohemian. Cuba Street in Welly being part of my being. And I’ve always wondered what I looked like in dreadlocks, a white tank top and black cargo pants with a leather jacket. Mmm.

Moving on.

Let’s call it a night.

And happy new year, everyone. May 2010 be kind and merciful on your souls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home