Monday, December 28, 2009

Bloodstained.

I’ve been playing “God of War 2” for the last few days and the amount of bloodshed that I’ve been responsible for on screen has been shocking. But after all, with a game like that, the more brutal the kill, the more red orbs you get and the more upgrades you can get out of it.

It seems that December seems like one of those months where you get a lot of things going on. With the whole thing about Christmas, there’s the event, there’s the time you spend with family, there’s the time that you do everything and anything under the sun, with friends, acquaintances, work colleagues. It’s supposed to be that time of joy and happiness, where everyone is in the holiday mood and the presents you get people are well thought of and everything just sparkles as brightly as the star upon that Christmas tree, fake or real, that you’ve set up in your living room.

And kids still believe in Santa and being good and write letters telling Santa what they want and they lay out cookies on little tables next to the chimney just in case Santa gets hungry and he can come down and have something to eat and a bit of milk just to help those slightly burnt cookies go down a little better.

And there’s socks hanging from the mantelpiece with names lovingly embroidered into each, awaiting the full happy laughter of kids in the morning.

I think I’m just getting more and more cynical as I grow up.

But I guess the cynical perspective keeps me alive, keeps me hungry for more.

Hm.

I’ve been reading a lot of blogs as of late and I’ve found some pretty darn good ones to read. I think its such a pity that a lot of Malaysian blogs aren’t as exciting to read, mine included. So that’s why I’m always trying to find something new to add on to my Reader list. None of my friends blog enough. But thanks, Dory, your update revived my faith in humanity. =D

Here’s one.

But its dinner time and its time to go.

See you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home