Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Belated Blog Anniversary

I just realised tonight, that my blog turned 1 just slightly more than two weeks ago. Wow.

I started this blog on the 5th of December, 2008, the night before my graduation.

And when I first started writing this blog, I felt that I was quite…cynical. Quite pissed off about a lot of things. I had also recently deleted a blog that I had maintained on and off but on most occasions quite consistently for the past three years. I didn’t think I wanted to blog again. Sure, I switched blogs now and again. I switched blogs from different blog sites but I always went back to that one.

Then a bad thing happened and I ended up deleting all my memories of what happened. I wrote so many things there that I wanted a fresh new start with no paper trails, nothing to identify that whatever happened, happened. I wanted to start life afresh and anew and I wanted to leave everything behind me. So thus, that blog met its demise.

But damn.

I guess there are some memories that stay in your head more. And it doesn’t ever go away.

Hm.

This blog documented when I first arrived here in Wangas. It mentioned the fact that I was scared shit about coming here. That I wasn’t confident at all with what was going to happen. Sure, I put on a brave face for most of it but I still felt quite scared. It was my first time moving to some place completely new. I had the InternPharmacist (or he should actually be called the Pharmacist now because he’s passed his registration exams and all) but that was it. We only met on the third day at work. And even then, it was…yeah. We became better friends, if anything.

Then there was the whirlwind of doing ballroom, competiting in ceroc competitions for the first time and winning 3rd place, choreographing routines, registering as a amateur ballroom dancer, finding salsa, doing ruedas and doing dance street invasions. And after all that jazz, oh yeah, there was work too.

Work was all right. Something I probably won’t elaborate on too much but meh.

I’m wondering what next year will bring.

This Christmas again, is going to feel odd. Not sure why but I’m just pretty sure it will. But anyway, Christmas is probably overrated.

Work time.

***

The lucky ones are the ones that die young. Truly.

Whatever crap about “God loving them more” might be true as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home