Friday, December 4, 2009

Cold.

This is what Dunny reminds me of.

The cold, such a perpetual factor in every aspect of student life in Dunny.

The cold that seemed to seep in past your clothes, skin, and bones and penetrate the deepest parts. I would huddle under blankets, comforters, sought refuge in front of heaters and fireplaces just to keep myself warm.

The usual posture of shoulders hunched, chin tucked to chest, scarf, and arms folded across chest while you headed off for your next series of lectures in the freezing wind.

And every winter, there would be the frost. The snow. The cold snap of air in your face as you headed outside.

I took no pleasure in snow. I’ve never been one to enjoy cold weather. Sure, it was nice as long as you were warm and toasty. Once you’re suffering the misfortunes of a leaky flat and a cold room, you start to get over it.

But forget the snow, forget the frost. It was always the cold.

The cold lingered, it seemed, in the background of your mind.

Even when the sun blazed and everyone commented about how good the weather was, it always seemed to be cold. In the tiny nooks and crannies, in the little places, the chill took up residence, waiting for the moment that the sun would disappear like a puff of smoke. And it would wrap its tentacles around you and the sudden shiver could not be suppressed.

Sigh.

In a way, I’m glad I’m going back to a place with 20+ temperatures and my own comfy bed.

hurts to sneeze

And this line made my day. +)

1 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

I have no abs to speak of, dude. That dance session was more exercise I've done in a long time! But always glad to make you smile :D

And get your butt back here and get used to the cold. You know you want to. Uh huh.

(The shoes! The shoesssss!)

December 5, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home