Wednesday, November 18, 2009

1000s of words.

It’s been a while since I’ve done a picture post. And currently emptying my phone, I’ve been finding heaps of awesome (well, not exactly awesome) pictures that I might as well use to blog with.

So let’s begin, shall we?

diary1

This arrived at work a few weeks back and it shocked me to think that its nearly the end of the year.

diary2

Man, I’ve survived an entire year in Wangy. Shocker.

carriage

A vintage carriage from the Hospital Ball photos. Man, the things I find after I start browsing through my photos.

iphone sale

In desperation, after my iPhone jammed up, I decided to put it up for sale on Trademe. Sure, I lost about $100 from what I initially paid for it but good times while I had it anyway.

job satisfaction

Had a quick chat with the new physio who’s going to be taking over from my ward soon when I go on leave next week. Yeah, I know. LEAVE!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!

But yes, we were both discussing how and why we got into physiotherapy. And I think I’ve found a kindred spirit.

She, like me, said that she “fell” into physio rather than having it set as a goal for her. I totally understand what she meant and where she was coming from with that comment.

Saw the above in the newspaper insert and for a second, I wished I had ultimate job satisfaction. Really.

driveway

This reminded me of Robert Frost’s poem about the road not taken. Beautiful, isn’t it?

But as mysterious as it looks, this is just the driveway to one of the most majestic houses I’ve ever seen in Palmy. Imagine driving along this road to your mansion. *drool*

Latin shirt tracking2

When my Latin shirt was being ordered, I diligently tracked it all the way from…..China. I know. I paid US dollars for it and it originated from a factor in China. What a buzz kill.

Tophat and gingerale

This was taken the night of the Ceroc “Enchanted” Ball. We stopped off at Mac’s Brewery where I ordered a ginger ale as my alcohol tolerance absolutely sucked balls. But that was fine. I love the feeling of not going completely red like a baboon’s bottom.

My top hat next to it. +D

Torn up vouchers

Now this was funny.

I was working the weekend and I had to top up both my cell phones (Vodafone and 2 degrees) as both of them were running low in credit. So I bought two different top up vouchers, topped both phones up and proceeded to shred each voucher into all these little pieces.

And then on my 2 degrees phone, I get the message, “The number you entered was not recognised. Please re-enter your top up voucher number.”

And the first thought that came to mind was, “Oh, fsck.”

Managed to piece it back together though and got the right number, so all good.

Yum cha1

This was a surprise lunch I got for myself the other day when I went down to Palmy for a bit of practice and dance.

I went to this Chinese restaurant that I knew served buffet lunches. I was pretty hungry so I was looking forward to the huge meal and the overwhelming feeling of fullness that you get with buffets.

So I went to the restaurant and told the guy behind the counter, “Lunch for one.”

He sat me down, gave me a piece of paper (pictured above) and a pen.

“Just fill this in and we’ll take your order shortly.”

Unknown to me and I ended up finding out a lot later, I had sat down for the normal luncheon yum cha. I have never ever ordered yum cha before in my entire fricking life.

On the plus side, I spoke a lot more Mandarin than I was used to. A lot which consisted of “Bu yao. Xie xie.”

Yeah….I know.

Anyway. That’s my verbal diarrhoea for today. Tootles.

1 Comments:

Blogger DragonflyLady said...

Dude, Wanganui is not that bad. Could be worse! You could be working at Ashburton Hospital!! :P

*has iPhone envy*

What does the shirt look like? Couldn't find a pic.

LOL at the top up vouchers story.

November 30, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home