Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ethanol Logic.

Yesterday, I imbibed a whisky and coke and a pint of shandy – a Tui mixed with a Sprite at the local pub quiz night.

It did help that I had eaten a full meal before then. Took me a while to realise that the alcohol wasn’t kicking in as quickly as it usually does.

And then as the “Asian flush” as people call it crept across my face, it looked like I had been sunbathing in the 12 noon sun without sunblock, looking for all the world like an overcooked lobster.

I bathed in the warmth. The heat of the flush, as slowly, the questions the quiz host read and the chattering from the Pharmacy girls on my table faded into the distance and it was just me in my t-shirt and jeans sitting at the table writing the clues for the puzzles on a piece of discarded paper so that Lord Pharmacist could look at it later if she wanted to.

For those of you who didn’t really know, I’m an introvert.

I have my “HAHA!” days and my quiet days where Tofupuff gets really worried that she’s done something wrong because as she tells me, “I’m usually really talkative. Unless I’m pissed off about something.”

But sometimes, its nice to just soak in the quietness.

I can see now why for those alcoholics who love their silence, they head for the booze.

It seems as though the entire world quietens down. Everyone and everything goes to a whisper. I’m sitting there, clad in only a t-shirt and jeans and I’m feeling warm and cozy and I don’t even need my jacket on. I would like to knock off and sleep but I can’t, really. And besides, I don’t quite need to sleep either.

Huh.

I love the night.

***

I’m again contemplating changing blog layout, making my entries more scarce and thus, more thought provoking because as of late, I tend to write a lot of rubbish.

Well.

We’ve got 8 hours of work and then we’ve got NeoZouk tonight.

I’d like to learn how to move like you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i thought you were going to end off with something like the result of the loss of inhibitions :p
just only ending up in t-shirt and jeans? heh

November 11, 2009 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Poet said...

Oh, you would like that, wouldn't you?

Very "knotty" hor? +)

November 11, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home