Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ethanol Logic 2

As much as I exalted alcohol and the effects of rising temperatures and the world turning quiet in my ears, tonight’s little gathering at a friend’s place turned that perception of alcohol pretty much upside down.

Tonight, I drank a certain quantity of Screwdrivers – a mix of vodka and orange juice, at least 2 to 3 paper cups of it. I also tossed back a Chocolate Eclair – a mix of chocolate and coffee liquer – and a few Coke and vodka combinations.

I felt sick to my stomach.

At first, the alcohol took a bit of time to start rushing to my head. I’d eaten first, a very smart idea, which allowed to to have that many Screwdrivers in the first place. The Chocolate Eclair was the last finale of the drinking bout and the Coke and vodka combos were the last sputtering bits of the phase. 

I turned red like a beetroot, the people gathered there mocked my Asian flush, I went to the toilet, came out and then felt my heart beating through my chest. As it usually does. I also felt unusually sick. It’s been a while since I drunk alcohol to that extent. And I never liked the feeling of being completely smashed anyway.

I tried balancing a few more drinks and topping up with water in between but that just made me completely ill. It felt as though the water was floating on top and it was close to the base of my throat. I had to keep it down. Literally.

Oh yeah, I did get a few dances in between. But people were smashed and oh dear lord. Sigh.

The hostess disappeared to throw up and change into something more comfortable as well as wanting to lie down as she felt she has not chucked enough yet.

One of the older ladies turned verbally abusive and poured out her sorrows to me while sitting at the dining table, mentioning how she liked working night shifts and she lived alone in her house with her dog and that was it. She was happy that way. Oh, yeah, she tossed in a lot of “Fsck yous” as well in between. I’m not too sure why.

Another one turned horny when drunk. She started making out with a guy she just met at the party and another one took photos. Yeah, that’s true, apparently. The hostess was NOT pleased. One of Miss Horny’s friends quietly whispered that Miss Horny would hump anything if there was no male in sight. So not cool.

A middle age lady sat outside on the driveway, puking her guts out and having people crowded around her, patting her on the back, holding a plastic bag in front of her and offering her mouthfuls of water to clear out the bile. In between pukes, I heard mention of her being hated by everyone and how she hated being like this.

Why the hell would you want that kinda party?

And just before I left, the hostess had managed to convince Miss Horny’s friend to take her home as the boys that were there were doing a truth or dare thing which involves Miss Horny being used as a pair of lips. And it was blatantly obvious to everyone in the room what was going on. Miss Horny herself, being pissed off her face, wanted to sleep with one of the boys in that house. She was NOT pleased when her friends managed to drag her away.

From now on, I think I’ll stick to having the odd rum and coke at the bar whilst doing some proper dancing.

Huh. Honestly. Whatever. It is amazing sometimes what you end up seeing in other people.

And I don’t get the hype about alcohol.

1 Comments:

Blogger DragonflyLady said...

See, that's why I don't drink alcohol!! ^_^

November 22, 2009 at 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home