Monday, November 16, 2009

On the edge.

Today was slow.
 
Which was great for a Monday, especially since I've had a lazy weekend doing absolutely nothing apart from lying at home in my bed, surfing the net, playing Cafe World on Facebook, semi-attempting to tidy up my room, doing dishes and laundry, and just relaxing completely.
 
Returned some library books, borrowed some movies, watching salsa videos on Youtube, and hoping to be able to bust out even more moves at social salsa tonight. KindEyes is going to be pleased. +D
 
Work was interesting today. Had at least three different members of the team on edge today because someone made an innocent comment regarding not talking about work issues in the staffroom during lunch. And then everyone just pounced on her and ate her to bits. Completely unfair, really. I apologised to her from everyone's behalf and said that it was unfair that people are so on edge today. Not too sure why either.
 
And today, I had my source of inspiration from a man who was a semi-paraplegic.
 
30 years ago, his glider crashed and he fractured his spine. He could not walk properly and had to use walking sticks in both hands. Recently, he had spinal surgery which decreased the pain in his back but left him with a virtually floppy leg due to some nerves that were impacted on by the surgery.
 
He also lost control of his bladder and bowels, which can happen as a result of spinal surgery.
 
But every single day, he would cheerfully get up, not minding in the pain in his legs, and we would joke and laugh and wander our way down the corridor just as though nothing was wrong.
 
Truly an inspiration. Me, I would have given up and died a long time ago.
 
Oh, and just to return to my morbid me, give me suggestions on ways you would like to see me die. No, really. List a method of dying that you can imagine me dying. And I'll try and write a story on that. I've got itchy fingers, see, and I need to scratch a long-ignored writing bug.
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home