Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bus trip inspirations.

Tapped out on my phone whilst waiting for the bus last week.

I find it ironic that an annoying lady that I once met a long time ago is at the bus station and she doesn’t remember me but I remember her. Sh|t yeah, I remember her.

She was this lady that was married to a Kiwi bloke for over 40 years. However, her being a traditional Baba Nyonya didn’t help her cause. Or her accent, to be more precise.

No offence, I consider myself a Malaysian from birth to death but this lady, though she was married to an ang moh for so long still sounded as though she was faking her accent every single time she opened her mouth. And tossing in a “sh|t!” every 3 or 4 words bored me to tears.

***

I’m sitting in the bus and the person behind me carries the scent of cigarettes and expensive cologne. It conjures up to mind an image of a very mature, rich businessman who wears the scent of authority and decadence.

***

The weather is dull and dreary this evening. I don’t know if I feel like doing anything in particular.

I’m sleepy in the bus. Having Diana Krall crooning, “Just the way you are” into my one functioning ear doesn’t really help either. Meh.

***

The weather is cold today and freakishly so. There’s snow on the not too distant mountains and the bus was delayed by snow sealed roads. I guess this is the reality of late winters. I just wished it didn’t happen that often.

***

Dance was okay tonight. It was cold so I didn’t even break a sweat while dancing. Yes, that’s how cold the studio was. With other dancers in the same studio as well. Le sigh.

***

I typed the above last night. I’m now currenly on the bus back to Wangy. Funny. I’m expecting to be completely zonked out but so far, so good. Must be the immense Red Bull drink I had. Gosh, now that is good stuff. I’ve not those since 3rd year physio. All those sleepless nights trying to study (emphasis on trying) and in the end going, “Ah, fsck this!” and heading off to bed. Haven’t done that for a long time.

Was talking to the Redhead and she was talking about how she was collecting data for her research project and how she was behind time for it. That is one thing that I guess I will never understand.

I think I might have mentioned on this blog somewhere that I was not keen at all to even think about doing a post grad. I think I’ve had enough of studying. Singaporean Rambo (LTA) was looking at doing some papers next year and honestly, good for him. Because I don’t think I would even blink twice before turning down the offer for a post graduate degree. I’ve had enough of it. For a good several years, anyway. I’m thinking that I just want to chill and see how things go for the first few years before I do anything hasty with my life.

***

And Lord knows how much I missed you last night. You in your midnight blue silks and us swirling around like a tested glass of red wine on the dance floor dotted with star light and tenderness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home