Friday, October 2, 2009

So me busy.

untitled posts

As all posts go when I’ve not updated for a bit. But that’s a real lie, actually.

untitled posts 2

For all the drafts that I’ve written that I’ve not finished, I feel slightly ashamed of myself. I’m not usually known as a blogger who blogs and then forgets about it for some reason or rather. I’ve always been known as a relatively consistent blogger who comes up with thoughts and inane things to blog about.

But lately, I’ve been tired.

Yeah.

I’ve been more tired than I normally am. I’m blaming it on my busy weekends and not having enough sleep like a normal person would.

I’m working again tomorrow. The list looks hopefully short and I hope it stays that way. I don’t want to have to pick up the list first thing tomorrow and then have to stay until 4pm in the afternoon to finish seeing everyone. But I guess that’s the way things go, isn’t it? That’s life, that’s work, that’s the rat race.

blog topics

To show you how dedicated I am to this blogging thing, I’ve even written topics now and again when I think of something good to blog about.

So what’s been happening.

Apart from the stupid migraine-ish thing that I got myself into earlier this week, I blogged about the interesting youtube video that I found and that was that.

So what else happened?

I dropped off my dry cleaning at work the other day and the owner behind the counter asked me, “So, are you Kiwi born and bred?”

And I looked at him and said, “No, actually, I’m not.”

I’ve always been said to have a strong twang to my accent when I speak English to other native English speakers. Its just that if I don’t put that twang in, no one will understand me. Thus, I love speaking Manglish to another Malaysian because they will not have a clue at all about what on earth is going on. They catch some words and then give up, saying, “I don’t understand you!!!”

Awesome.

But apparently, according to the Sociologist, whom I managed to have a chat to recently, she’s also said that I’ve dropped my accent, which was undoubtedly American the last time. Maybe I’ve really picked up the Kiwi accent – supposedly, the English language that has no accent to it at all.

Something else that happened was that I got asked my opinion on in regards to a theological debate that Princess Dory had with another person I knew from back home. It was pure theological bullshIt that some people I know thrive on. Honestly. I know some people who would drag this through the roof just to prove their point right but heheh, as a outsider of the religion looking in, I was merely bemused by the pointlessness of it all.

I also started drinking coffee again recently, after noticing that I suffer very very badly from the afternoon 3pm slump. A cuppa with milk and two sugars and suddenly, there is this rush of adrenaline and I feel as though I can see all the patients in the world and not get burned out by it all. I’ve not really been able to get my cup of joe in on a daily basis but I’ve been trying to start the morning off with one as it keeps me powering through the day so far. I’ve tried green tea and I must admit, it is great stuff. It reminds me of drinking chinese tea at restaurants when you’re waiting for food to arrive. To replicate that same feeling while I’m sitting there screening notes at 8a.m. in the morning is amazing.

I went on Monday night after ballroom beginners to have a look at the salsa crowd at the Stellar for freestyling. Small crowd, but the music was good. Didn’t know too much salsa and felt quite awkward trying to have to lead and have really good people following me so I sat out most of it. Did a rueda and didn’t know half the time what we were doing but heck, I love ruedas. Honestly. Best thing ever for team/partner dancing.

But then, a merengue beat came on and I knew that this song was mine.

So I tore up (in my opinion) the dance floor with ceroc and moves that I’ve not done for ages and I just danced and danced and never wished for the music to end. There’s a certain freedom when you and your dance partner gets it and then you feel as though you two have been dancing together forever. Even people watching seem to think that you’ve been dancing together and that’s always a great feeling. To know that there’s been so much enjoyment, even a mistake or two is nothing to write home about.

Then as the experts came on the floor (and yes, some of them were just amazing), I watched as one guy who was wearing a black beret and a white chequered shirt nuzzle his way onto the floor with his dance partner and literally moved her like the fingers on his hand. They were so great together that I was literally mesmerized from the start. Someone mentioned that he went to Cuba to live for 4 years and that’s why he was so amazingly good.

That’s something I’d like to do. I remembered when I was doing the argentine tango that I wanted to go to Argentina to learn how to do the real thing and dance the real thing and come back, having immersed myself in the culture and the life and the love of the dance that is the argentine tango.

Better put it on my bucket list then.

One thing I found quite ironically funny was that about 2 days ago, Annoying Flatmate walked into the staff station and said, “I think Mrs M. is dead.”

And we were like, “HUH?”

He went to his bag, grabbed a stethoscope and then went out again. And came back in. “Yup, she’s dead.” Then went to grab a medical certificate of death form.

Its funny how he had to get his stethoscope to certify a death. Its ironic that I found it funny and that death has become such a mediocre occurrence that its just like, “Oh, so someone’s died. Huh.”

And the last thought for today.

After salsa on Tuesday night, I was about to head home when a bunch of people that I hardly knew asked me if I wanted to go for drinks. I politely declined and biked home. Pharmacy Con asked why I always seemed to disappear so quickly after salsa class. I just said that I usually feel quite tired, although I did feel slightly uncomfortable going out with a crowd of people that I didn’t know.

And I reaffirmed this last night when I went out to one of the doctor’s place for an inpromptu Mooncake Festival feast.

I spent most of my time eating rather than talking. I left after an hour because I got bored and honestly, I was full. And I’d rather head back and talk to someone wayyyyy more amusing and worth my time rather than hanging out with a bunch of people whom I couldn’t care less for.

Perhaps this is what’s really stopping me from becoming a dance teacher.

Everyone knows dance teachers are like the most social butterfly people in the world. Honestly, perhaps I was not made out to be dance teacher material. I’m happier just dancing with the one person and keeping to myself. Hearing the music and tapping my feet and all I wanna do is to have my own little dance party at home with you in the lounge, the lights down low, the music quietly playing and we don’t even need to be doing fancy stuff. Just holding you in my arms, rocking back and forth, your head buried in the crook of my neck, hair soft against my cheek and that’s all I really need to make my day all better again.

But one day, I’ll like to take you to the clubs and show people what dancing REALLY is like. Talk about evacuate the dance floor, huh?

Sometimes, I feel more like a slow dance underneath the moonlight with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home