Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Digested.

A random title, I know, but I couldn’t think of anything better for the moment. One of the rare occasions, perhaps, when I run slightly out of words. I’m still blogging so I guess the brain still works.

I’ve jotted down little notes on my phone so I don’t forget what I want to write about.

Oh yeah. First one.

One of the orderlies came up next to me, this heavily tattooed man and said, “So how’s the dancing going?”

And I was like, “Uh….how do you know about it?”

And he said, “You dance with my girlfriend, J.”

Oh…

Truth is, it never came to mind that J had a boyfriend. Not to say that she couldn’t/shouldn’t have a boyfriend, its just that she’s…uh. Older than me. And usually people have partners or husbands or wives. NOT boyfriends or girlfriends.

But I thought it was quite cute the way the man put it. A grown man, affectionately referring to his love interest as his girlfriend. It kinda gave me a bit of hope that even a tattooed burly bloke who’s an orderly in the hospital as a bit of a romantic streak. The world can be saved, after all.

Oh, and talking about older people, I made a horrible mistake the other week. I guessed a woman’s age. And not only that, I overestimated it by 10 years. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. Honestly. Bleh. So now, I underestimate every single woman by 20 years. Just to be one the safe side. HEE.

I’ve been telling a lot of jokes on the ward lately. I think its just nice to have a bit of humour in the workplace.

I remembered that quite a few years back when I told jokes to my friends on a regular basis, I always wanted to be a comedian. How awesome would it be to stand on a stage and just make people laugh for the sake of laughing. There’s too little laughter in the world nowadays. People rush around everywhere, trying to fulfil their little quotas and sometimes, all you need to do is to sit down and smile and know that your little world is okay. Its okay. Just smile. Crack a joke. And laugh. And enjoy the rest of your day.

Decided that I would branch out dance-wise as I usually do and decided to try some salsa. Man. OARSOME.

No words could describe the first beginners class. After all, we started off with the rueda and did some basic movements. I, in my infinite wisdom and naivete, decided to move on and do something more…haha…complicated. So I stepped up to intermediate.

And we did  the rueda and there were all kinds of commands being called and I rushed around like a headless chook but dear Lord, it was the first time I enjoyed dancing so much in a long long time. Beads of perspiration ran across my forehead but my heart, my feet, my hands, were in the dance. It took a little getting used to, especially with the partner swapping but once the footwork became apparent, it was magic. Pure, unadulterated magic of feet moving on the floor, sliding, gliding, swinging and then suddenly, we’re off and we’re on a carousel of our own design.

To be perfectly blunt, ballroom doesn’t quite give me that much enjoyment. If done properly, ballroom is pure elegance but the fun element…doesn’t quite exist. Everything is focused on the technique and style and whatnot but salsa…man, it is fun. And no matter what, it is ALWAYS fun. I absolutely adore salsa now and darn it, Wangy’s given me another reason to stay! Sigh.

On a separate note, we had a meeting the other day at work discussing the lack of staff in the department and apparently, my words, “As a new graduate…” got everyone’s attention. Granted, I’m the only new graduate in the department and I, perhaps, represent the people who are interested to come and work in the hospital. Especially new graduate students.

I discussed this with the Women’s Health Physio and she totally agreed with me that it was good that I voiced out my opinions and said some things out to the Service Manager. Crucial, as I was the new face of employment and my views on things could make or break the fact that other new graduates may or may NOT want to come here to work.

And here’s my healthy healthy meals for today, just because I can.

stirfry chilli and lemon beef

Sweet chilli and lemon beef stir fry. The peanuts make an AWESOME addition to the meal. Honestly. I never knew.

lunch

Grilled lemon and rosemary chicken breast with steamed green beans and salad leaves tossed in…

salad dressing

Blood and urine. Hah.

No la. Red wine vinegar and olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.

omelette and grilled chicken breast

And I multitasked this morning. A three egg mushroom and onion omelette served with 2 pieces of peanut buttered wholemeal toast and the grilled chicken breasts at the side for lunch and dinner.

But anyway.

I FINALLY GOT THE DANCE VIDEOS!!!

And in some of them…oh dear deity in heavens above, I look like such a dork. This will be the last time I slick my hair back with gel. I should’ve stuck with the spiked up hairstyle. Whoops. HEHE.

I so am getting a haircut tomorrow.

Check out Facebook for the videos. Whoop-dee-doos!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home