Friday, September 11, 2009

So its time.

I’m working again this weekend.

Latest news of late: One more physio decided to pull out of doing weekends. We are officially down to 4 physios who do work weekends. And when that last one goes, its down to three. Whoop dee doo.

Work has become relatively routine for me. I’m seeing the usual suspects, kicking them out of bed and out of hospital, getting new ones coming in.

I observed a young girl of merely 16 who had attempted a suicide by hanging. Apparently, she hung for about 3 minutes in her closet before her friends who heard a “thud” came to investigate. They cut her loose. She did not look happy. She was sobbing hysterically in her room.

I saw a doctor pat a man on the shoulder and apologise because his wife was actively dying and that there was nothing else that could be done for her.

I rang the rest home regarding Suicide Dude and the next plan of action. Hopefully, he wasn’t going to undo all our efforts again.

As I walked down the grayish pastel hallways that hospitals always seemed to be covered in, I wondered at what really drove people to come to work in the morning. You hear all these horror stories about patients and their alternate lives outside of the hospital and you wonder how you can actually face that day after fricking day.

And I wondered what made me get out of bed every morning.

Talking to my parents and my sister recently, I’ve found that I’ve complained a heck of a lot about work. The Higher Authorities both know that work for me sucks (to a certain degree) and they’ve both tried to lure me back to Dunny, where the weather is cold but apparently, its all family. I’m not quite sure if I can justify the trade of weather and good skin for family and recurrent medical issues.

But what honestly make me get out of bed in the morning? Let’s have a look.

Perhaps, it is the usual dutiful Poet who wakes up in the morning, bangun pagi, gosok gigi, cuci muka, pakai baju, makan roti, minum susu, pergi kerja, senang hati (Wake up, brush teeth, wash face, wear clothes, eat bread, drink milk, go to work, feel satisfied) and then comes back mentally battered from the atrocities of the day. Or maybe its just the money. Good ole k-ching. Works pretty well as a motivator. I can take a day off and literally count how many dollars less that I earn.

I can pay off my addictions. I can indulge in little treats and bigger treats that I usually won’t treat myself to.

I can do stupid things for myself and not feel as much guilt.

Oh man.

I was pretty drained out today.

I came back from work, lay down on my bed and I was ready to pass out. Work seemed to drag for too long today. I had plenty of food and I drank at least 6 cups of green tea that caused me to run down to the department three times just so that I could go and pee.

And somehow, work just seemed to drag and drag and drag.

I’m looking at a relatively quiet day tomorrow. It should be okay. The few ops for knees and a few chest patients that I need to help clear out.

I’m also looking at a bit of dance and hopefully, some dance videos that I’ll probably upload on Sunday afternoon.

And for something completely different…Facebook once again sends its regards.

Facebook stalking 4

Well. Well oh well oh well.

You know, I really love GIMP.

Just like Photoshop. Except free.

And I can smudge people’s faces and put them up on this here blog.

But to be perfectly honest, smudging someone’s face into oblivion is the best way to end the day especially when said person once kicked me out of my only temporary place to stay. Ended up hiding in a room in the hospital for at least a month until I got caught out.

*evil grin*

Oh well. What didn’t kill me definitely made me stronger. As well as promoting some pretty awesome early morning posts as well as story writing on my previous blog.

Hm.

I’m in a bit of a dilemma about what to do regarding my dance experiences at the moment. But perhaps in a separate post, maybe. I think I’ve got too much on that plate to try and arrange into just the one post for now.

Anyways. Me out for dinner. Me hungaweee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home