Monday, March 2, 2009

Some things.

I'm not too sure I can read anymore.
 
Over the weekend, the mention of the demise of my previous la-la romantic self was brought up. I was said to have become a lot more...realist.
 
Believe it or not. The guy who has "I swear", "Everything", "Fly Me to the Moon", "Until the Time is Through" and "It Might be You" has become a realist.
 
No doubt, I still enjoy these songs. But to think of them in an everyday event...its different. Harder.
 
I think to myself that if I fall once again head over heels in love, perhaps I will be like that again. The silliness and the pervading happiness would take over and I would just smile and smile and smile and tap dance on the streets like Gene Kelly and swing around traffic lights.

Like what I used to do so long ago.
 
But there is a place, perhaps. And a time. And a reality to live in.
 
Perhaps the lessons hammered into me that Love does not put food on the table, is not the one eternal substance that you can subsist on and that Love does not make up for the rest of Life finally sank in after all this time?
 
In a way, I'm glad I'm not really like that anymore. It perhaps is puke inducing. It perhaps, is not real and not relevant and not quite the way things should be, not the way Life and Love should be.
 
But in a way, I'm wondering if I have missed out on something more.
 
One immortal line from Moulin Rouge spoken by Christian (Ewan McGregor) was when he sang, "All you need is love", rebutted by Satine's (Nicole Kidman) "A girl has got to eat!"
 
All we need is love, then, perhaps?
 
Would it have been so bad to live in the world where you know, you floated half the time on love?
 
Maybe not. But practicality wise?
 
Maybe I speak on the wrong angle. Love is more than just infatuation. Love is about everything else in between. And that's just the way it is.
 
Doesn't hurt to burst out into song once in a while, now, does it?
 
But we get a bit lost sometimes. I do.
 
***

On other news. Its hard to fall in love. Even just a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home