Friday, February 20, 2009

See.

To see the world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wildflower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour. - William Blake
 
I've never personally studied this poem although Googling "To see the world in a grain of sand" does make me quite interested now. Brings me back to the good ole days where we dissected every bit of English Literature that we came across. To date, Othello would still be my favourite Shakespearean play. Who could forget "honest" Iago or the innocent Moor Othello and the lovely lady Desdemona? A must read for anyone, really.
 
Funny, reading on from William Blake's "Auguries of Innocence" which is where the famous first stanza came from, there is a verse that reads
 
Some are born to sweet delight
Some are born to endless night
 
Funny, that, isn't it?
 
In a little way, I want to be like V from "V for Vendetta" who quotes English literature off the top of his head. How charming is that.
 
But anyway, I must be going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home