Monday, February 22, 2010

Introverted/stressed/drenched.

So I guess its picture time again.

Pharmacist M asked about how I survived in good ole’ Wangavegas for a good year or so with things being the way they are and I kind of shrugged my shoulders and said, “I enjoy my own company. I like hanging out on my own.”

And she immediately quipped, “Introvert.”

This got me thinking. Am I really an introvert? Or am I just…a person who likes to hang out on my own? I’m not particularly sure.  I’ve always been one of those kind of people who can keep themselves entertained no matter what the situation. Even if it meant sitting down on a bench and reading for hours or walking around a city for hours on end, I’m the man you can count on to do just that.

It takes a while to get used to your own company. Especially if all you have is your thoughts to keep you entertained and the little voices in your head to maintain conversation. You get used to it after a while. Doesn’t take much to keep me entertained. Or amused, for that matter. I can find the littlest thing hilarious.

drenched

So I went for a bike ride one morning and the weather was looking a little iffy but I thought to myself, “Nah, it’ll be fine.”

And then the angels started spitting on me and when I got to work, I was well and truly soaked from head to toe. The dry spots are where my shorts were wrinkled up and weren’t exposed to the rain. Meh. Oh well, that’s what you get when you try and keep yourself healthy. The gods themselves make sure that you get well and truly drenched for it.

stressed out

And I realised that I tend to be a little stressed when I finish a pack of chips and a 2.25lt bottle of Sprite in a period of half an hour. Watching youtube and mindlessly snacking, it did nothing for my waistline and bugger all for my state of mind. Apparently, sugar in high amounts does nothing for stress levels. My lack of coffee throughout the day apparently doesn’t do much good either. I still end up as stressed when I drink the last drop.

Makes me wonder what a cigarette tastes like sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home