Thursday, December 3, 2009

Leave 3

Dunners is definitely trying hard to keep me here.

Weather today was cool yet sunny, warm yet chilly, and the skies were blue and there was not a cloud to be seen for miles.

Well, if I was to say that, I might be lying just a little bit. There were clouds but the skies were a sapphire blue I've not seen for a while here in this part of the Antartic circle.

Was getting the ole passport edited and stuff and there was this girl sitting about 2 metres away from me. Pale, skinny little thing. Pretty face, though.

She was holding a few sheafs of paper in her hands. Very official looking. Dressed all in black, her fair countenance contrasted with her thick black jacket and dark brown hair that curled over her cheeks.

She thrusted her hand in her pocket, pulled out her cellphone and flipped it open. And then she kind of looked up in front of her and smiled to herself.

I wonder what she was smiling about. Wondered what put that smile on her face.

Her thin little fingers quickly tapped a reply back and all the while, she had this grin on her face that honestly made me curious.

Now, if I wasn't so chicken, I would have sat down and asked her what was so funny. But because I'm a wuss, I tend to just sit back and speculate.

Amazing pictures of the weather here to be posted up shortly. But in the meantime, I've got to get myself a new bag. And a new blog template.

Tootles.

1 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

The first two lines in this post are my favourite. You should move back!! :D

December 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home