Monday, February 2, 2009

Miss Independent - Neyo

30/1/09

So I watched The Devil Wears Prada yesterday.

And besides it being one typical chick flick, it also made me reflect on the kind of girl that I wanted in my future relationship.

Now, see, I completely sympathise with Nate, Andrea's boyfriend who gets literally shoved aside for all this. Now the point is, where is the job description and how far do we take it?

I, for one, personally would like a girl who has a career. It does make her seem a lot more worth getting to know as well as the fact that she is holding down a career means that she's at least thinking about herself in the financial sense.

However, I am not too sure I am the kind of person who wants a completely career driven focused woman, who answers her Blackberry more than she answers me, that she is at the mercy of her job at the drop of a hat, that she rushes off in the middle of the night and I wake up alone.

No, that is not really the girl I want.

Now, I am not the type of person who condemns working women. Like most of the PC world nowadays, I do not go and state that a woman's place is in the kitchen or the home or in front of nappies and naked babies. I am, in fact, all for the idea of a working woman. You want a career? You want a job? GO GET ONE! I am not stopping you, or Hell is not going to try and stop you. You go and get a job and personally, it is quite sexy to see a woman determined and motivated and is passionate about her job. But then again, if someone is passionate about something, does the person's appeal not increase tenfold?

But I do not want a woman chained to her desk. When I ask for someone to love, I did not require the "desk job" accessory.

All I ask is that she's there in the morning for me to wake up and have breakfast with. I can send her off to work. Then, if we can meet up for lunch, all the better. Although some people find this behaviour stifling. So I can let go of lunch. Now, I want to be able to have her home in the evenings or at least have the both of us prepare dinner in the kitchen. Nights and weekends are spent together. Perhaps some chill out time with friends to dull the monotony of each other's company. After all, familiarity breeds contempt, does it not? With work being work, I guess I can forgive the odd late night home or the 2-3 day work trip somewhere. I do not think that my demands are that unforgivable.

But me being home night after night while you are off galloping across the country with aforesaid Blackberry superglued to your ear and your briefcase in hand and I only see you once a fortnight? Give me a woman who wants to stay home ANYDAY.

Or maybe that is just being mean. Am I asking too much? I know that some women do not like the idea of having to spend time at home all the time with the boyfriend/spouse/husband. And some women need to be able to progress in their careers before being able to take that time available for their significant others. So where does the fine line lie?

I slept at 2 and woke up at 8 and I'm going to have breakfast and go to the gym. Oh dear lord indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home