Saturday, January 24, 2009

Down to Welly

So here I am again on another long unnecessary journey. And I've gotten out my laptop and I've started typing already. I surprise myself sometimes. I don't have much to say when I'm sitting at my desk after a long, usually eventless day at work but yet, as I'm sitting here staring out at industrial grounds and looking at wide open pastures, I'm inclined to write something.

It feels odd to be heading down to Welly. I used to remember how much I would look forward to going to Welly when I used to live in the Outback. That was odd enough. To be living on a farm was odd enough too. But now, I'm working, the full 40 hour week, and I feel as though I'm heading there for a "business trip" or something or rather . Instead, I'm picking up a box of stuff and heading back here again. Its a short weekend, for sure, but a change from staying in the White House. 

I'm also looking forward to work on Monday. Oh, you get the usual motley crew and the patient whom you would want to strangle and just send away but you can't because you know that without you, they're going to get worse. 

I also sometimes wonder how I ever got into the health profession. I mean, I think I'm more suited to paperwork or doing something technologically inclined rather than just look at a patient, move a few limbs and try to make a diagnosis. I don't really think I'm that much of a people person to really have the kind of love for the job. Sometimes, as can be read from previous posts, I have random murderous tendencies. 

I'm also wondering whether a health professional should blog so nonchalantly about his profession and literally making himself unworthy of the title.

Maybve i should stop. And maybe I should stop blogging about my profession. I think its much easier that way. But hang on, I don't blog about my profession. I used to, writing about patients with codenames and whatnot but I don't do that now exactly either. Now, my blog is more often than not about running, what's been on my mind lately, songs I'm listening to, that kind of stuff. Non-harmful stuff. Safe for kids.  Except for the odd PGR word. Wait...make that R16.

I really really really like writing on Notepad. It's positively addictive. 

The weather today, folks, heading out of Wangy, is blue, sunny, and perfect for a picnic. I should've brought a basket of sorts. Very picturescque outside my moving window.

Currently passing through a town called Marton. Hey MediMart, you owned a town and didn't tell me? +D

Oops. I should actually mention that I'm not quite passing through Marton. I'm on the way to Marton. 15km more and I'm seeing more sheep and less and less people. 

Somehow, a scene from "Black Sheep" comes to mind. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home