Monday, January 26, 2009

Running Free Pt2

Written on Thursday, 22/1/09. The things I find in my computer after work. Gosh.

Today, I went for a run.

Yours truly is 50 seconds away from qualifying for the army. Now all I have to do is get my pushups, sit ups, and pull ups up to speed. If only I have that much discipline to train for the others compared to my runs.

I tried to think on my run today. But all I can really do was gasp and focus on the fact that my lungs were killing me. Though I didn't get a stitch today, which was a good thing. It makes it so much easier to survive a run if I don't get a stitch. Although being completely drained of energy wasn't something I was too keen on, especially since I had not eaten a single thing since morning tea which consisted of something completely non-nutritious. I should pack lunch more often.

And oh, I told myself that I was going to haul my arse to the supermarket but ended up not doing it after all. I'm literally going to starve. All I really have right now is eggs, eggs, eggs. I guess I can make myself a vege omelette tomorrow for breakfast.

There's something about the tiredness after going for a run. You know, after you've finished a run and you've showered and you're sitting in your chair or lying on your bed just chilling out and thinking about the day's events, its the run that eventually comes to mind and you think to yourself that you didn't do so badly after all. It was okay. You survived. And you did it. Yayness.

I'm wondering if going for a run tomorrow at 6ish would be too torturous. In that case, I might need to get some shut eye soon. As I'm heading down to Welly tomorrow, I'm not too sure that I can exactly get my fix of exercise. Not that I'm an endorphin junkie as of yet (I still think that running is horrible but I enjoy every hellish moment of it) but if I'm wanting to start off good, I might as well do it with a run and really earn breakfast tomorrow. That's an idea. Yeah, I can do that.

I noticed that since last week, I've been running with 2 days break in between. Which is pretty good. I clocked up a 2.4km run the first time round, decidely become ambitious and did a 6.3km run which completely disabled me for 2 days straight (trust me, I needed the break) and then had a 5km run two days ago and today's 2.4km. I'm clocking up some pretty good hours (according to me). I did walk back 2.4km again today but that wasn't a run and it was after a break so I guess that was cooldown time for me. All good, though. My constantly aching calves remind me to stretch often throughout the day.

An odd thought occured to me when I was with a patient. You know, sometimes, when things get completely random and you want to do something completely crazy?

For those of you who have watched "True Lies" starring Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Jamie Lee Curtis, there was a scene where Arnold hung out with the car salesman who was seeing Jamie Lee Curtis and he imagined snapping his neck?

I thought of the exact thing when I was with a patient.

It was 1-ish in the afternoon so pardon the suddenly uncharacteristic outburst. [Then again, I'm not sure if that was completely uncharacteristic either]

And this patient was going on and on and suddenly, I just imagined snapping her neck and going, "Oops." in a very nonchalant manner.

Now, I just recalled, typing this out along with mentioning that I qualify for the army doesn't look too flash, is it?

No, I've not actually been thinking lately. I'm quite deprived of thoughts. In a way, I miss it immensely. I always liked the fact that I had a lot to write and half of it was bullsht anyway. But oh well, I guess it tends to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home