Monday, January 26, 2009

Tong Tong Tong Chiang!

So yes, today is the beginning of the Chinese Lunar Year, which we Chinese people follow religiously and I've already missed out on the reunion dinner with friends/family, red packets full of free dough to be received first thing this morning, getting new clothes, and generally hanging out and really relaxing and enjoying myself.

But instead of doing all that awesome stuff, I'm at work, sitting in front of the computer...blogging.

Yes, dear Lord, my life is very interesting. I spend more time blogging than anything else. I'd hate to think of what would happen if I actually get Internet at home.

The Chinese New Year (CNY) celebrations are very very calm over here. Probably because Wangy has a Chinese population of oh...about less than 100 persons. That is very very likely, I kid you not. Although if we were to assume that one family had 1 dad, mum, and 3 kids, I would have 20 houses to visit. But bleh. No fun wei. No one I know.

That should be all right, though. Tonight, I'm going out for dinner with a friend and his Asian girlfriend at a Chinese restaurant. CNY celebs are bad to the point that I think even Chinese restaurants stay open on the 1st day of CNY. Wasn't it supposed to be bad luck if you worked on CNY?

Even more reason to claim a day off from the boss. "Oh J....."

Working life hits me again. I am going to go gym to torture myself before dinner tonight. Nothing else can justify the calories. +D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home