Thursday, January 22, 2009

I could stay awake...

...Just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming -
Aerosmith.

This song is playing on the radio at the moment. Yes. I know. Completely lovesick/heartache/over-the-moon song.

Today I feel bereft.

Don't ask me why, really. I just feel empty of words. I'm not really sure why I'm typing this right now even though I don't really have anything smart to say or pearls of wisdom to scatter.

I feel bereft of words. I feel bereft of things to do, say, think.

As I close my eyes right now, one of the lines I wrote recently comes back to haunt me. No, not that its bad or anything but I think there's a certain truth to it.

Sometimes, life seems more of a fight every single day of your existence. You fight to get somewhere, you fight to get to the top of the heap, you fight and you fight and you fight. And at the end of the day, when the sun sets, you count your victories on bleeding knuckles through bruised and bloodied eyes.


Life does seem so much like a fight. And I think sometimes, I punch the bag so much that I forget that my knuckles are bleeding, that my eyes are bruised and swollen shut to the point where I think I'm hitting a big red bag but instead, I'm just continually punching myself in the face.

So much for ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger mart said...

sounds like work's getting u down bro!
among other things maybe

January 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home