Monday, February 2, 2009

A dance-y weekend

Could I have this dance
For the rest of my life?

I've kind of made up my mind that this is the way I'm going to propose in the future. Very dance-ish but what better way for a dancer to ask, is it not?
 
So this week has literally revolved around dance. Not that I'm actually complaining but I'm quite happy it did.

First of all, I spent my Saturday afternoon at the Masters' Games watching very very talented professional ballroom and latin dancers. In elaborate costumes, they spun and circled the floor and majority of people perhaps only could wish that they could dance like them. It was an incredible afternoon, except for the fact that it was also incredibly stuffy inside the dance hall and I got quite sleepy and perhaps even a headache. But it was all good.

Secondly, I spent a portion of my Sunday with the Redhead who graciously came up from Palmy to discuss the championships to be held in May and to discuss the routines/get a bit of dance practice in. I'm sorely missing dance practice, that's for sure. And besides that, we also discussed about setting up ceroc classes in Wangy. How exciting. Apparently, the teachers down in Palmy who organises classes here are looking for people to teach/demonstrate/help out in general at Ceroc. Who knows, the next time I mention ceroc, you'll be looking at the words of the next ceroc dance teacher. +D Big grin indeed.

So this year is looking full of dance events at the moment. Plenty of things going on and I'm eager to jump in head first. And its so exciting too!

First up, I've got a masquerade ball to attend and that's this coming end of February. Then a month after that, we've got the champs. And after THAT, if I'm still up for it, there's South Akld champs as well. But it truly depends from that point onwards. With me being busier and starting to take up weekends and on call duties, dance might have to be cut short somewhat. But then again, there's possibly latin ballroom medals at the end of the year and the Simply Ceroc weekend 2010 to perform again! Awesome stuff. And that's not all of it. There's salsa that I might potentially look at going to, depending on how busy the schedule is with ballroom and ceroc. But its very very stimulatingly exhilarating. Argentine tango might have to be put on hold since no one's really interested but besides that, I'm good. I'll be busy for the rest of this year!!

It truly is different, to be working and all. How there's that much more freedom and yet...not really. How the world opens itself up to you in different ways but you still have to live within your own set boundaries. And the scary thing is that the boundaries are yours. Not anyone else's but yours. You decide now.

Scary thing.

Watched myself and the DancingSoftwareDeveloper this afternoon with the Redhead. Funny but I actually got butterflies watching how we danced. And honestly, I think I analyze too much and I personally start thinking that we dance absolutely crap and I could have done wayy better. But plenty of time for improvement. Like what JazzGirl said last year, all I really need is a partner to dance with. That would be awesome enough. Hm.

All right. Time's getting late. I need to go to bed. Good night, people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home