Thursday, April 15, 2010

Little things.

lamppost

After seeing this appear on my Facebook news feed, I decided to follow the link and see where it lead to.

It appears that people want optimism back. And I think that’s a great idea. Especially after writing such a frickingly depressing blog, I think its time that I brought back some optimism.

I liked this one that was outlined on the blog above.

I remembered the Sociologist telling me about how when she looked at me and the French Lady, she could tell that we really really did care for each other and I agree. That, perhaps, was one of the best outings we ever had together, bar the sucky Lone Star Meal.

I had a phone call from my potential employer today.

I didn’t get the job.

I felt quite…bad. Initially. I had wanted so much to leave and then suddenly, I’m in the lurch because the job I was pinning all my hopes on was taken away from me. But they had their justifications and I didn’t answer the clinical scenario questions adequately and to their satisfaction.

Its okay, though. I’m supposed to be positive, remember?

So this is my positive thing.

A picture taken on a camera phone that isn’t supposed to look like anything extraordinary but it did. Refer to photo above, please.

I think I captured the solitude of the lamppost and the lights in the distance kind of lead up to it. I really like this picture. It was a cold night and I had gone to a work colleague’s house for dinner and Asian food which I had not eaten for AGES. Dinner was good. Conversation was good.

I like.

And as much as I feel like I’m being trapped here due to the fact that I didn’t get a job down south, I’ll like to turn it around and see it as an opportunity to branch out and look at all the other things that I’ve not been able to look at and see. I can go elsewhere. The world is STILL my oyster.

Just talked to the parents back home and they’ve been nothing less than encouraging.

And come to think about it, I guess I can still continue with my salsa dreams on this end of the spectrum. And I just realised.

I can cancel one of the things off my “Snapshot Moments” list on the right. Booyah!

I’m glad I’m making this one happy. Because I sure need a bit of cheering up right now whether its self inflicted or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home