Sunday, March 14, 2010

I’d Like.

I’d like to make myself believe
That Planet Earth turns slowly
Its hard to say that I’d rather stay awake when I’m asleep
Because my dreams are bursting at the seams –
Owl City

I’m growing to like this song. A lot.

I heard this song a few times as I’ve been around in town and thought it was a pretty catchy tune. However, I never thought too seriously about it because it wasn’t something exactly dance-y or something I’d pick up to dance to. But then again, I’d like to think that I’ve come down from that high perch that I put myself on when I wouldn’t listen to music I couldn’t dance to. And indeed, I have.

So I’ve been wowed by the genius that is Adam Young and this dude is amazing, if nothing short of probably one of the great synth artists of our time. I’ve played the keyboards before with all the electronic gadgets and this guy just makes me want to get back to all that again. And to think he created all this because he was an insomniac. So don’t ever underestimate all your sleeping problems at night. Creative genius, you might just be.

Here, I’m sitting and I’m wondering where the time has gone. The last time I looked at my watch, it was 3.46p.m. and the afternoon was still there. And I look out at the remaining of the day and it looks the same but the sun’s hitting the house opposite at a different angle and its suddenly 5.15p.m.

We need time
Only time

And too many things hang in the air
And I’m probably pretending
That if I close my eyes it isn’t there
In the hope I wake up next morning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home