Sunday, August 30, 2009

Over the weekend…

DSC00014

It was crisp, sunny, yet cool. A panoramic view of the riverfront.

A perfect day for sandals.

DSC00016

I can’t exactly tell you what happened on that day….because….

But hence, I shall say no more as there is a certain nosey parker on this blog who reads and thinks too much. You know who you are. +D

DSC00015

The skies were blue and although the trees were bare, you could definitely sense that spring was nearby.

DSC00013

And here’s the proof.

All in all, a really really nice day. Weather was absolutely wonderful. Gives me a good reason to want to stay here a bit longer.

Funny, really. I used to have these “nightmares” of staying in Wangy for longer than I should. And I know, know, that there are places out there waiting for me. Places to go, things to do. But it doesn’t take much to please me. Obviously.

chicken stirfry

Had some pretty awesome chicken stirfry left over from last night’s dinner for breakfast this morning with 2 pieces of toast and peanut butter.

Went for dancing today and I’m pretty sure we’ll do okay for our Latin stuff. Ballroom…haaa….now that’s a good question. We’ve got a waltz but the quickstep and foxtrot aren’t up to par and I’m not even really gonna try to make it up to par. Can’t wait to get the outfit on. +D

tails and watch

And I’ve finally figured out how everything goes on. Which is cool. Took its own damn time, that’s for sure.

This Facebook thing is getting interesting. People are accepting requests and going, “So what dragged you out of the woodworks?”

And the glorified answer is that, “I’m bored and I needed a website to look at. Oh, plus having friends on there would be cool.”

Had a acquaintance add me and I was sitting there thinking, “Should I accept?”

I technically do not know this person. I technically had breakfast with her and a group of friends. I technically paid breakfast for everyone around the table. We’ve barely exchanged a fully fledged conversation. But here she is, friend, pal, mate. Whatever.

I added her anyway.

So here’s another person. Friend of a friend. We met for about a 30 minute period as said friend wanted to meet him. And here he is on the request list.

“Can I be your friend?”

Reminds me of primary school days where acceptance is key and you went around asking potential people you like (girls asked boys and boys asked girls) the crucial question…

“Can I be your friend?”

It usually denotes more than just friendship, really. Guy likes said girl, doesn’t know if she’ll return his affections and thus by asking that one question, he usually deems it as a “phew, she’s okay with me. Possible girlfriend, check.” Being someone’s friend doesn’t guarantee a relationship. Its just friendship. Duh. Get over it.

Friend request just sounds a lot more grown up and professional. But if Facebook was instead created by primary school children in Singapore and Malaysia, you’ll know exactly how you’ll get a friend request.

Facebook message: You have one message.

*click*

(insert name here): Can I be your frieeeeeeeeend? *big puppy dog eyes sold separately*

Click here to ignore and ultimately reject said person as a friend and human being.

Click here to accept request and endure the possibility of him/her expecting a more serious relationship without prior warning.

Ooh, choices are difficult, aren’t they?

So even with Facebook, you feel bad for not adding someone. But then again, what’s the reason to add them? Just because they know the person who does your grandmother’s cousin’s daughter’s shi tzu’s pedicure doesn’t mean that you should add them. At all.

Bleh.

Today was more of a physio-related ish day. Pretty active. Went for dance prac this morning for 2 hours and then went for badminton. Had several incredibly sweat inducing games which was pure awesomeness since I don’t sweat like that unless I’m dancing ceroc in an overcrowded stuffy hall. Came back, showered, threw on a pair of shorts, a hoodie and sat down and edited a business and financial performance review of a oil palm company. I’m knackered and its only past 10pm!

I’ve got work tomorrow and hopefully, sleeping early enough tonight will give me enough energy to start the day. Whee. Let’s go!!

On a more sober note, I have not been drinking. Can you tell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home