Sunday, August 9, 2009

iPhone fsck up.

Things have been happening enough to my iPhone for me to think that its probably not as good as any other phone either.

The system is constantly touted to be infallible, impervious to viruses and crap that normal PCs usually go through but it has its own set of problems that sometimes, pale in comparison to a normal infected computer system.

So I plugged in my iPhone today, hoping to put some more songs into it and it came up flasing that there’s a new software upgrade. Oh okay.

So I clicked on it and left it to its own devices.

Next thing I knew, the phone had somehow put up the screen where there’s a USB cable pointing to iTunes. The thing is already plugged in, hello?

But I checked iTunes and it proceeded to tell me that my phone is NOT activated and I needed to contact an Apple store. Huh.

FYI Apple, my nearest Apple store is 2.5hrs away. Do you expect me to go through that kind of dedication over a cellphone? Puh-leeze.

I’ve just put it into recovery mode and then proceeded to restore it. But I think the main problem is the new 3.0 software. It restored and UPDATED the software and now, I’m back to my emergency screen again. Sh|t.

I’m currently trialling DFU mode which is apparently different from Recovery. Hopefully, this works or I’m back to my SE K800i.

Well…it didn’t work. I’ve officially switched back to the SE K800i.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home