Friday, August 7, 2009

The most hilarious thing in a while yet.

This is what happens when everyone WANTS to be on Facebook.

My Parents Joined Facebook is where everyone knows about what you did last night. Your friends, your neighbours, your friends’ friends, and OMGWTFBBQ (as cool slang would go), your parents.

Just randomly clicking on things bring you to awesome places.

SpeckyPhysioStudent commented to me the other day, “Facebook is my social life.”

And I replied, “Hold on a second. Don’t you think that  just sounds incredibly sad?”

Honestly, to you folks reading. How sad is that?

If an online networking website becomes said social life, I’d hate to think of what has become of genuine face to face relationships.

Haha…and this is coming from a guy who met his first girlfriend online and maintained a long distance relationship for 3.5 years.

I’ve met a few of my friends online whom I’ve not talked to for ages and EVERYONE single FRICKING one of them tells me, “You should get Facebook.”

Or else, its, “When are you going to get Facebook?”

Or “Eh, FACEBOOK LA!”

Or “Get FACEBOOK! BOOOOOKIEFACE!”

Or “Do you have Facebook?”

Or “Come on la. I got some pictures that you can check out on Facebook. Go and join to see?”

Or “Wei….get Facebook. I wanna stalkz you.”

Believe it or not, the last comment came from the Twin, a good friend of mine.

I’m one of the few who have made the wise (and probably more than productive) decision of NOT joining Facebook. I miss have face to face conversations more often or phone calls or texts or coffee meets with awesome people.

Personally, Facebook is overrated. I don’t need to be bitten to become a Vampire and bite you back. I don’t want to be SUPERpoked. As if getting poked normally isn’t bad enough.

So if you have additional time on your hands (or Singaporean Rambo LTA, if patients keep DNA-ing,) check out My Kids Joined Facebook. Apparently, imitation is the best form of flattery.

So this ends my update for today. Enjoy people and have a good weekend. I’ve got work tomorrow and Sunday and continuing 5 more days of work before I get a truly decent break. *wipes sweat from forehead*

NB: No, I don’t really work that hard, I just have overactive sweat glands.

3 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

holy shit, facebook is my social life too! *poke*
You should get facebook
(i don't understand the vampire bit...must not use facebook enough)
I really should be doing my essay, but I'm reading blogs and (haha) stalking people on facebook.

August 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM  
Blogger Poet said...

Hahah!!!

The Vampire game thing was one of the first few things that came out on Facebook. And then you go around "biting" other people and level up accordingly. *shakes head*

August 8, 2009 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger steph said...

that's...weird.

but you should go get facebook anyway!

August 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home