Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Supplies!

Ever heard of that joke before? Where the Chinese man jumps out from behind the tree and yells…..never mind.

This week so far has been a bit like Christmas morning. Over and over and over again. Why?

Its because I’ve been receiving stuff. All through those three days. Believe it or not, I’ve been waiting a good moment or three to get all of these goodies and finally, they’ve proven faithful.

DSC00002

First of all, the weather was gorgeous on Sunday. Can’t be more proud of this deity forsaken place. The sun was out and I sat out on a grassy hill surfing wi-fi from the public library while I ate my sandwich and drank my Coke. Couldn’t ask for more on a Sunday afternoon. A pure relax and recover day. Lovely. Recently, the weather has looked bad enough to piss on. I’ve not quite worked out how to do that yet, though.

Oh, I’ve also been getting very worked up about the ballroom competition this coming September. This will be the first time where I compete as a registered dancer and thus, I need to get the entire ensemble ready.

So guess what arrived on Monday?

DSC00004

Exactly.

This is just the inside, unfortunately. The tails and pants have yet to arrive. For decency’s sake, I’ve pulled on a pair of trousers so I don’t give red eyesores to every single person who stumbles across this picture. And no, the braces AREN’T hooked up to my underwear. That is the vestette. But I’m not sure if I can actually convince the readers that its not my undies….well, I don’t have tighty whites, okay?

White starched shirt with built in underwear. Check.
Wide white braces. Check.
White bowtie. Check.
Plastic white collar. Check.
Collar studs. Check.
4 black shirt studs. Check.
2 black cufflinks. Check.
Vestette. Check.

Price? Expensive.
Seeing myself kitted out as such? Priceless.
Time to put the entire fricking thing on? 1 bloody hour.

By the time I was finished, I was ready to give up and call it a day. What more to dance wearing this. But I wouldn’t mind, of course. +D

Now all I need to do is wait for the rest of the costume to arrive.

Tonight at the Dance Centre, I’ve been given the unfortunate news that the ballroom competition has been cancelled. The next one is the week before. So I might be attending that.

However, I’m having enough trouble with getting LatinLady to come along to dance class. She keeps CANCELLING on me. Sigh. But oh well, there’s plenty of others. We are lacking guys after all.

And my last little joy. This thing has kept me entertained for a good number of hours.

DSC00005

No...I didn’t.

But oh yeah, babeh. Yes, I did.

I’m the proud owner of a new 3GS 32GB 2G 8GB iPhone. Second-hand, I might add.

At first, it was just going to be a trial of the on-screen keyboard because whenever I tried in in Welly, it annoyed the flying fsck out of me. But now….ooh la la, I’m getting accurate at it too.

So it became a bit of an exploration mission, really. I paid half the price I would have paid for a new one and the only thing I got in the mail was the iPhone and a USB charger. Which was annoying enough so I had to explore it from scratch. Which was fun. Especially when you put more than one finger on the screen. +D

More on the iPhone review thing tomorrow. Its going to be a real Joe Public point of view. Especially since you can never quite get used to pressing a glass screen and expect a response. Teehee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home