Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Father figure/Soft 5

After Dory cheekily commented on MSN last night that after her comment on my last post, I seemed to have stopped blogging for a bit. I've decided to prove her wrong.

+DDD

By saying NOTHING in regards to that matter. HEHE.

Although I've managed to find something to blog about.

Today, SchoolGirl, a physio who has gone on maternity leave, came back today to join us for lunch in the staffroom, bringing along her little Ginger bundle of joy. Then my PhysioMentor came in as well, carrying ultrasound pictures of her supposedly twin babies. No wonder she was looking a little....uh. Anyway. *evil grin*

[Honestly, sometimes, what is left unsaid is the best thing to say. But moving on...]

It does kind of make me think about fatherhood.

It makes me wonder what kind of man I would be if I was to ever have a son/daughter. Whether I would walk in my father's footsteps and bring up my children as he did me or whether I would take a completely different approach. I wonder if I would be a good father. If the white picket fence and red brick house and a 9 to 5 job is somehow inserted into my distant future. Whether I would take that chance and take that opportunity.

Hm. Makes you think.

I've had several friends, mostly girls, who've hit motherhood and who've popped out a few of their own. And about three months ago, I read in the paper that mothers are getting younger and younger. Apparently, 16 is a good age to get married and settle down, nowadays. A lot of nurses that I've talked to have sworn by that, claiming that giving birth young allows you to have more time and more money on your hands when they grow up that you can do your own thing now. Heck, I've even treated a patient who is 20 years old and already has 2 kids. Talk about ticking biological clocks.

I wonder how true that is. I wonder.

Its a big step, for sure. And its a big event. Life changing. Giving birth or witnessing it? Hell yeah. Seeing something the size of a rockmelon squeeze its way past an orifice usually the diameter of a broomstick is a life changing event. Plus not to mention perineal muscle tearing and the blood, screams, and clenched fists that follow.

Makes me so glad every single fricking day that I am NOT a woman. Although they still get the cool parts in dance though. All we get to do is stand there like a hat rack.

And finally, here's Soft 5.

Soft 5

"Baby ah..."

Yes, dear?

"You know, if we have a baby, right....do you want it to be a boy or a girl?"

Hm. I don't really mind, actually. Can be either one, its still a baby.

"Aiyo...make up your mind la. Boy or girl?" She shakes my shoulder as if I was a magic 8 ball just waiting to drop an answer.

Okay...lets make it....a boy.

"Why le? I want a girl wor..."

Cos you asked me to make up my mind, what. I say boy la. Plus, if its a boy, I can do more stuff with him than you can.

"But I want a girl so I can dress her up and do girly stuff with her."

Haha....well, it all depends on me, though. I'm the one carrying the XY gene so you'll have to put up with what I put in you. Hahaha..

"Eeee....I want girl le....so if it was a girl, what would you name her?"

Hm. Now that's a hard one. Gimme a letter.

"C"

Charlotte? Cheryl?

"Dowan. Not nice at all one le. How come all your names bu hao ting one?"

Another letter lor.

"Um....M."

Magdalene! Madeline! Margaret! Marge Simpson! *evil chuckle*

"Eiyer...I asked you to be serious one la! See, I ask you to be funny and you're soooo serious. When I ask you to be serious, you make fun of me some more..."

Okay okay. One more letter.

"P."

Pauline!

"Nope."

Paulina!

"Nope!"

Pollyana!

"NO!"

Phoebe.

"You suck."

Eh, you asked me for names what, I give you names lor!

"But how come all weird weird one le!"

Eh, sorry ah, I don't have baby name book on me wei. Why don't you pick one?

"Cos I want you to pick." *smiles*

Cheh. And ask me to pick and reject EVERYTHING I say. How can like that one ah you.

"Mmmm." She sits on my lap and kisses me on my forehead. Uh-oh. This doesn't look good.

"Baby ah..."

Now what is it? I say with a grin.

"If we have a baby girl, will you love her more than me?"

Hmmm....good question.

"Eiyer....you should say NO mah. You should say that you would ALWAYS love me more! Dunno how to ambil hati (sweet talk) one..."

But its our baby girl oh. I can equally love you both mah.

"But after that, you'll wanna spend more time with her than you wanna spend time with me le. And then I get lonely lor." She pouts, knowing I get slightly weak at the knees when she does that.

Heehee...come here...so how do you want it to be?

"Let's not have kids at all."

Ha?

"Yeah. So I'll always be your baby girl."

Wah....manja budak ni (this kid sooo spoilt one)....talk about this another time la. Not even married yet, already arguing about baby names and whether I would love you less. What la...

"Hehe...come here, baby boy...." *evil grin*

***
Welcome, men, to the world of girlfriends and their neverending thought processes. Get used to it. You're welcome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Dee said...

Woei, no publicity for my that blog please!

Everyday soft here and there. xD

August 26, 2009 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Poet said...

Done. Whoops...sowie. +D

August 26, 2009 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Ms. Dee said...

Thankies :D

August 27, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home