Thursday, August 13, 2009

Process Mapping.

I didn’t exactly go to work today.

DSC00020

I went on a study day/seminar thing on a new concept of how to manage the ward and it was pretty darn good. I think everyone got quite fired up at that meeting and I enjoyed NOT having to see patients.

Anyway.

So we had this concept called process mapping where basically, you take an everyday task you do that you don’t think about. Break it down into its basic components and then analyse how well you do the task. Is it inefficient? Is it a waste of time to do such and such? And how will you make it time and energy efficient?

So we looked at the basic concept of doing laundry.

As most of the people there are nurses and are mums, they, of course, have everything sorted out.

Here’s an idea of what one person will do.

DSC00021

Not bad. 10 steps. Some even had 20, depending on number of kids, clothes, etc.

This was mine.

DSC00022

11 steps. So I’m not exactly efficient. Although come to think of it, deciding procedures only take like 2 seconds.

So with process mapping, you wanna find out the MOST efficient way of doing things.

Here’s mine, revised and efficient and all ready and set to go to fit into my busy day.

DSC00023

Uh. No. I don’t get Mum to do my laundry for me anymore. I just reduce and reuse. You know, back, front, inside out, turn around…

Save the environment, anyone? +D

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Dee said...

D= I don't come to this extent! Haha... mine would be about clothes. *whispers* I just leave the clothes in my spare cupboard for a few days and then wear them again. Then that day a friend asked me, "Why do you keep weating this shirt?" And a friend saved my by saying, "Cos it's comfortable mah..." xD

August 14, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home