Friday, August 21, 2009

Talking snippets.

beautiful day

Today is a beautiful day.

Me, on the other hand, wasn’t feeling so pretty.

A dripping sinus that leaked down the back of my throat constantly, a slight headache and cold hands. Not a pretty sight. Even talking nasally on the phone was a chore.

As I’ve not blogged for a few days now, I’ve gathered a few bits and pieces over the last 72 or so hours of things that I did want to blog about. But didn’t get around to it for one reason or rather.

1. One of the nurses called me a Trojan. A little Trojan body. Yeah, I found that funny. Yeah, I do need to get a life.

2. Was going to get a patient up when the nurse said, “No, you aren’t. She’s not slept the whole night. She’s going to take a look at the insides of her eyelids for about 2 hours now.” GEDDIT?

3. I’ve been mentioned to be a possible candidate for a recruiter for new graduates next year. I honestly don’t want to do it.

Why?

Because one, I don’t really have anything fantastic to say about this place. Its small, secluded. The only reason why you’ll wanna work here is because of the weather. Or possibly because you don’t enjoy clubbing on Fridays. Or because you really like ballroom dancing. Or because you liked to be thrown into the deep end at work. Or because you have green thumbs and you grow veges and fruit in your back garden. Or because you like to gossip about small town occurences. Or because your future is guaranteed but hey, there’s more to life than just job security, right? Most of my colleagues are married/partnered/pregnant. They are all older than me. So if you’re a new grad, bring a friend along to suffer in silence (or in loud rants at home) with you.

4. I treated a man who was terminally ill. He went home today. He smelt of death. Or maybe that was just the anaesthetic or medication. But he didn’t look well, he was weak, and during the whole entire half hour I was with him, he only spoke 10 words to me. I wish him the best. And the best is probably a quick, painless death. Somehow.

5. All I wanna do is hide with you at the moment. No, this isn’t part of my day. But I wanna snuggle under the covers with you and hold you tight and just fall asleep. Maybe some chicken soup will be a good idea but hey, we’ll leave that for now because I just want you here with me. Let that warmth just take me away.

6. My Latin shirt and pants arrived today. But I feel too shick to camwhore. Yes, Sociologist, schick. Probably will blog about it Sunday or something when I don’t feel like a pile of dung.

7. My Latin shirt makes me look like a woman, according to the Speech Language Therapist. And they thought I was wearing a g-string. Following post will explain why. Disturbing thought but I don’t personally floss my buttcrack.

Got movies to watch during my convalescence.

DSC00004

Bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home