Friday, July 24, 2009

Walk on water.

Sometimes, I feel as though every day when I come to work, I’m asked to work a miracle.

I’m asked to get someone out of bed, to get someone walking, to send them home happy and healthy. And sometimes, I honestly don’t think I can do it. Or even if I want to do it.

Apathy now becomes the theme of the day. Because I honestly don’t care anymore. Make a complaint against me. I don’t care. Say you don’t want me involved in your rehab. Do I look like I care? Tell me you want to complain about the way I treated you. Would you like it if I left you to ROT? HUH?

Of course, the thing is, when things like this gets tossed into place, EVERYONE goes haywire. They start grabbing everyone to give input and unnecessarily put stress on other people who aren’t supposed to be involved.

And then these other people come and bite me in the arse.

Pleasant, really. You’ve gotta love how the system works. One person bites another person’s arse and then you go around in the circle until you get to the last person who has no arse to bite.

As you can probably tell, work is getting just a little bit distressing.

Was talking to PhotoNurse and she was asking me whether my job was better than hers.

In a way, yeah. No doubt. I don’t have to deal with faeces or urine or the personal whims and fancies of people around me.

But in a way, nope. I deal with far worse and the thing is, sometimes life and death decisions are made by moi. And that isn’t exactly a place where you’d want to be.

Sometimes, I envy nurses to an extent. No doubt, they deal with the grim whims and fancies of everyone else but they see maybe 8 people and that’s it. The whims and fancies of 8 people. I think I might be able to handle that.

I, apparently, have to see at least 12 on a daily basis. Notes, treatment, crutches, the whims and fancies of people who want to sue you, threaten you, give you absolute sh|t, and I’m still expected to come in day after day to provide treatment and be nice to people.

I somehow sense an explosion happening sometime soon. Nearly gave one to the people in ED recently but I held my tongue. I don’t want to have to face disciplinary action anytime soon.

But honestly, sometimes, you just want to take out an AK and start killing everyone. For the love of deities. You’d think.

Then again…I think I’ll just give people the lashings. And then they can take me in front of the Board and then suspend me. Fsck.

Killing Me Softly is still part of the reading list. I’m honestly intrigued. This man looks very genuine and I, for one, am starting to convert very quickly to his cause. Not that I’m actually HAVING to convert but he makes some pretty darn good arguments.

And again, I turned to the doctor this morning…

Linda

“Yes?”

What is your stance on homosexuality?

Linda accordingly smacks forehead and then tells me its too dang early in the morning to be asking aforesaid question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home