Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bring it all back.

So as my iTunes was on shuffle today, I was frying up some eggs in the kitchen when S Club 7’s “Bring it all back” popped up.

The psychedelic intro to the song instantly put a smile to my face whether I liked it or not. I remembered trying to choreograph a dance to this song, trying to youtube all the videos of the dance clips for this one and trying to work them out one by one. But of course, I was never that hip hoppy enough to pull off a successful S Club 7 dance.

This song just reminded me as well of my current predicament. Lord Pharmacist recently asked me whether I liked my job and I said flat out, “No. I just do it because it funds my addictions.”

Which is, in a way, quite true. Because that’s exactly what it does. It funds my addictions, whether its ballroom or my growing fetish with Apple products.

I’ve been having some recent gripes with my job and the fact that I’m kinda stuck here on my own does seem to make the problem just slightly worse than I expect. I fume on the inside, perhaps and I don’t really seem to unleash it anywhere. My supposedly task of starting to exercise has gone out the window along with everything else and sometimes, I feel as though I’m just coping from day to day more than doing anything else that really matters. Tofupuff and dancing are a few outlets where I’ve found some sanctuary from work demons. Thank you, you never know how much you’ve helped.

I’ve started picking up motivational books from the library regarding success and being able to do all that you do, that kinda thing. I recently picked up a book called, “The Present”, from the same author who wrote the bestseller, “Who Moved My Cheese?” and in a way, it was inspiring enough but at times, you know, you honestly just don’t give a damn who moved your piece of coagulated casein.

I’ve also just finished reading “Killing Me Softly” written by Dr Phillip Nitschke, also known as Dr Death from Australia, credited as the first doctor to perform voluntary euthanasia by lethal injection on a patient wanting to die from terminal illness and also of Exit International fame.. I’m now completely pro euthanasia. And apparently, he was travelling the country but as you do, you skip out little towns like Wangy. Then again, its not so much due to the fact that small towns are ignorant, it seems that our bigger counterparts are just as bad, if not worse. I would like to be able to shake hands with the man himself and discuss his book with him.

Also, I had a relatively weird nightmare last night involving a bunch of boys following me through the Welly Basin Reserve and pulling a knife on me. I never knew what happened afterwards as the glint of the blade was the only thing I remembered. And since I’m the kind of person who can continue dreams when I wake up, I desperately tried to go back to sleep and let my dream/nightmare continue but to no avail. Oh well. At least I tried.

basin reserve

I honestly cannot believe I used to live there. Seems like a stupid idea right now but we used to live 5 minutes away from awesome cricket matches that used to be held there. Of course, me being me, I never really cared much for sports of that sort but I used to walk through there in the mornings to go to town, do shopping, get absolutely soaked when I got caught in the rain, etc.

Good times in Welly. Some very bad times as well. I think it got to a point where even the bad outweighed the good and to think of it now, I would not ever return to Welly to work because of it. Too many harsh memories and too many trips wanting to be on my own. Wanting to be independent, living on the thin line between more than adequate survival and just making it out alive. Some embarrassing moments and towel issues (insider joke, really, only I would understand)  and olive oil diets. Used to be on my old blog but now, its done and dusted. Some parts of my past are not worth remembering.

Today is okay. It is an okay day today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home