Monday, March 30, 2009

The Showcase

So it was a fun weekend. A lot of laughter, a lot of sweat (literally!) and to top it all off, a ceramic koru (fern) trophy and a pack of hair products for 3rd place at Advanced Open Showcase. Don’t ask me why hair products because I think that’s completely random as well but hey, at least I don’t have to buy shampoo for the next two months or so.

3rd place advanced showcase!

The trophy isn’t quite presented properly in the above picture so below is a clearer picture of what the trophy looks like.

trophy

Mind you, this picture was taken at 2ish in the morning and I had shaky hands and light was dim. Yes, it does look like a really dehydrated ice cream cone turned upside down with a bit of a growth on the end so shut up.

EDIT: I’ve come up with a slightly better description. If you can kindly recall to the scene in Shrek where he pulls a tube of earwax out of his ear and uses it as a candle? Imagine that with a curled tip. And you get the trophy. Indeed.

And to prove I got what I got and that I actually did win 3rd place, here’s the trophy tag nice and clear for the entire world to see.

trophy tag

To be perfectly honest, I thought we deserved first place. But I can’t be too greedy. The other teams were good. And perhaps, the judges thought they were better. Oh well. Heh.

We had good timing, we smiled and we told a lovely love story. Or so I heard from comments around me. So yay. At least I got that part done.

Tomorrow, I have a dance workshop to attend and then its back to Wangy and work. Man, life will seem so drab after the glamour of a dance competition.

Hm.

This might be my last post in a while. I’ve been terribly uninspired to write. But I won’t delete the blog. I’ll let it sit here and rot away.

To the few and faithful, thank you. But Life is put on pause. Off the record.

Happy endings are for stories that haven’t finished yet – Jane Smith, Mr and Mrs Smith.

Bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home