Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How many roads...

Must a man walk down
Before they call him a man?
 
This comes to mind today as I sit here, pondering the vast emptiness of Gmail and its demanding textbox.
 
I'm sitting at work on a Wednesday morning. It is 8.48a.m. I want you to think of what you were doing at this exact time. 8.48a.m. Were you logging into work? Were you eating a muffin on the way to work? Were you fielding phone calls? Were you pushing papers and getting stressed? What were you doing at 8.48a.m.?
 
Me? I'm blogging.

Its virtually amazing how many blog posts I end up having to click on after one day away from the Internet. Google Reader is awesome that way and its always annoying in a way that it makes you HAVE to read to get rid of the highlighted blog.
 
I'm also currently recovering from a flu scare. Its probably a 24 hour cold bug that hit me and hit me hard. I'm trying not to sneeze and infect everyone. Not a good look, really. We try and make people less sick instead of making them sick.
 
I spent a restless day yesterday wondering what I would be doing at work when I was cycling around town, looking for something to do.

Oh, I bought a new hat.
 
Funny, really. I didn't like the fact that I had a blocked nose and I couldn't really do very much but yet, I wished I was at work. Being sick from work is equal to 1 day less wages. See the Chinese side of me coming out already? And to completely stamp down Chinese innuendo....WALIUEH!
 
In recent times, I'm having less and less inspiration to blog. Was chatting to the Sociologist and mentioned that I only get itchy fingers wanting to type when I don't have a blog. Bad bad thing to have, really.
 
Maybe I will take you up on that offer of not blogging and keeping a typing journal instead. And then I'll send massive Word files to people. Won't that be so much cooler?
 
La dee da dee da.
 
You know what I want right now?
 
Hot chicken soup with bits of creamed corn floating and slivers of tender poached chicken with spring onions, shallots, a hint of ginseng, and some egg stirred in. Oh, and a nice movie and you to hug and give me the shoulder massage that I've not had for AGES.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home