Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 5.

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under Heaven. – Ecclesiastes 3:1.

There is that thing called time. And there is that thing called the right time and place and hour and minute and purpose.

Just being pedantic here, probably but I look at what Jim wrote and it just reminded me that before I do anything else, there’s always that time that I need to stop. Think. Breathe.

And nothing like a good song.

Everyone heard of Michael Buble’s new song “Haven’t Met You Yet?” The American Idol’s Top 12 sang it before elimination night, I think. What a brilliant song.

And every morning when I wake up now, I youtube a favourite worship song and I sit and tell God that I cannot do this on my own. As much as I would like to and He can go back to wherever He came from, I’m powerless to intervene in my own emotional/rational brain battles and I need divine intervention.

To verbally vocalise it out loud this sentence, “I cannot do this on my own” can sometimes be the fork in the road. For better, for worse, I don’t know. But I think  I need to trust in Someone Else rather than myself right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you care about her so much, and if it hurts so much, why don't you take the bloody stand? It has to be hard on her, too, but you have the ability to fix things. Take that stand. If you love her, tell her, and make up your mind about staying or leaving. If you don't, then admit that this whole "hurting" thing is just because of insecurity, and get over it.

I don't get people who don't grab on to their happiness with both hands. Okay, so you had other plans. Well, bummer. Grow up; life is what happens while you make other plans, and when you love someone you take the plunge. You hope they'll feel the same, you hope your heart will be safe, but you never know in advance. Great rewards come at great risks, and you have to go for them before it's too late and you're left wondering where on earth your chance to happiness went.

/wisdom

March 24, 2010 at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home