Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dance aftermath

So it's the day after.

Last night was fun. I enjoyed it heaps, missed out on one event because they kept screwing up the schedule and we were forced to wait to present ourselves 2 events before our actual ones, got two certs, can't ever seem to get 1st place, danced with a junior who won 1st place for ALL the dances we competed in (muahahaha) and had a teams match which was probably the best part of the evening. All the dancing, can can lines, clapping and whooping that went on was the best.

Plus, comments from senior members from other studios and comp teams about how lovely my cha cha and waltz was made my day. They even yelled out my number for the teams match, supporting me, which was awesome of them and it put a smile on my face. Unfortunately, the waltz music ended, I kinda tripped and did a half split on the floor. But laughed it off. It was fun.

The rest of the day was filled with me trying to fan myself and dry my incredibly soaked shirt (it was boiling in there!), dancing with a 9 year old girl and doing a really crap cha cha where she kept me in time with the music, and playing up the cha cha where LatinLady and I cranked up the heat and added awesome arm movements.

I'm getting there. Definitely.

And here it is for y'all to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home