Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Eye of the Storm

Funny.

I'm currently on a fast. And this is probably my most successful one yet. I'm not feeling as hungry although I was feeling kind of tired this morning. But apart from that, I'm feeling okay. Not exactly hungry either which is a good thing, I reckon.

All I've drunk at the moment is water. I did take my multivitamin but apart from that, nothing has gone through my system.

It is addictive, for some reason. I feel good, a bit more alive although today was honestly such a drag. I might end up doing the fast on a weekend rather than on a weekday. They're right after all. Brain work is exhausting when you've no blood glucose.

Although its funny. Having studied biochemistry (or what I remember of it anyway), it says that the body turns to fat stores then turns to muscle for energy sources? Really? But if I'm not mistaken, isn't triglyceride molecules so much harder to break down compared to amino acids which just takes a removal of a NH2 component?

If anyone stumbles across this, they can help me figure this out.

But then again, looking at the signs, its looking pretty promising. Increased efficiency in fat burning, increased growth hormone production (hello, testosterone!) and ooh la la...more muscle!

We'll see how it works out. But for the moment, I really have to ignore the stomach calling out for dinner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Father Gene said...

Speaking of dinner, you have been served.

http://iwillfuckingtearyouapart.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-curtains.html

May 15, 2009 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Fasting is very addictive. If you like it that much, be careful. Also, check out this fascinating starvation experiment http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment

May 16, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home