Saturday, December 13, 2008

Too many

Too many tears
So many unanswered questions
Too many thoughts 
That I cannot mention

Too many times
I've felt I've regretted
Too many words
I'd wished I'd never spoken

Chorus
But why
Why do I think that I'm doing something right?
Why does it feel
Why does it feel all right?
But why 
Why does it feel like my life's beginning?
So maybe I'll stay
Or maybe there's just too many 

Smiles
I've been trying to forget
Laughs
I wished that I have never met
You
Sometimes I wished I've never said
"I love you"

'Cos all these are broken promises
A dream that can't possibly happen
So all I did was smile
And no one knew the difference

Chorus
But why
Why do I feel that I'm doing something right?
Why does it feel
Why does it feel all right?
But why
Why does it feel like my life's beginning
So maybe I'll stay
Or maybe there's just too many 

Too many too many too many too many....

"Whys"

Copyright @ Poet Dec 2008.

You heard it here first.

***
It's been a while since I've written any songs.

Last one I wrote was for the Ex, entitled, "Baby, it's Cold" and apparently, very very puke-inducing to the Sociologist who was probably the last one to ever hear it. Meh. ><

So at the moment, I'm back in Dunny, a world away from Queenstown which looks spectacular even in rainy weather. It's a Saturday morning at 10.35a.m. I haven't quite eaten anything yet and my stomach is making itself known quite loudly as well. Sigh.

So, in regards to inspiration for the song...I don't know where to begin, actually. I've had too many thoughts and too many things to think about, especially after coming back down to Dunny from Welly. And with graduation and finding a new job and moving to a new place (yet again!!), yeah, it just keeps happening. Just keeps coming. And I basically just push through it all. You konw, face it again and again.

In a text message to the Sociologist, who inquired about my thought processing yesterday, I mentioned that, "I'm pretty much just going to give up aye. Can't be bothered anymore trying to filter out thoughts. I'll just let my head think when it wants to." 

So this is it.
Me tired. +(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home