Thursday, May 13, 2010

Don’t look back in anger - Oasis.

I’m trying real hard here. I think I’ve finally come to acknowledge the fact that I’ve got some real anger issues.

Yesterday, I went absolutely apeshit on a client. I challenged, I raised my voice, I called her bluff. And today, I just straight swore at her.

I felt sick to my stomach after that. Somehow, I kind of knew that I had it in me to act like this, to be this verbally violent.

So I went for a run. I grabbed my mp3 player, hooked it up, threw on a hoodie and went for a run.

And I ran and I ran and I ran.

It was a bit shorter than I would have liked, to be perfectly honest but then again, it was dark at night and I would not have liked to end up on the front page of the local rags as a “discovered body.” But it was good and it felt good to get everything out of my system. The right songs coming on at the right time were definitely a boost to my already flagging spirit.

I ran and I ran and I ran and I think I broke some records. This run to date meant that I ran a sub 5min/km. I did plod at some points but then again, I had traffic lights to cross and cars to watch out for. Not the most ideal environment, really. But it beats a treadmill or running track any day.

I’m proud of what I’ve done. I’m proud of the kays that I’ve logged in place.

And I think I’ll be aiming for the half marathon in Dunners this year. I’ve got a few more months to train.

The fruits of my labour. Sure, its unorthodox and apparently, plain disgusting. But hey, proof in the pudding, right?

Sweat soaked 1

I drenched that hoodie. And I’m glad I did. After I finished running, there was no more anger. There was only that slight quiet in my ears and the sensation that I might need to throw up soon. The pounding of my heart had subsequently given up, probably in the recognition that if I was going to keel over from a heart attack, I would rather do that than stop.

Sweak soaked 2

The recurring favourite track is Dance Floor Anthem. Especially good for heartbreak.

Sing “I don’t wanna be in love, I don’t wanna be in love.”

Yeah. Anyways. Game time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home