Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gotta tell me when I fall.

So I sat my ballroom exams yesterday. Three dances, I flew through them (not because I was good, just because there's something called "bodyflight" which means that you're constantly on the move whilst dancing the foxtrot/waltz) and I honestly must say that I was disappointed at my performance.

Not only did I keep bumping knees with my exam partner which was highly embarassing, I could tell she was doing a fair bit of work to keep me under control most of the time.

Marks were non-commenting on my poor technique but I felt as though there wasn't really much chance.

Potential and talent are two different things and lacking one, I'm pretty screwed in the other.


I've got a dance party on Monday night, which will be the THING to look forward to at the start of next week. But apart from that, we're back to where we began. Square one. Thanks.

But apart from a certificate, my exam comments sheet, and a social dance pin, I got a book (written by the examiner, who is a pretty impressive persona in the dancesport world) too from a very very random rhythm foxtrot dance competition. Which was pretty cool and I can definitely see that the examiner's outlook and fastidiousness at dance rivals my own. Oh, how lovely.

But apart from that, I've got nothing really interesting to say.

Although I must comment on a lovely lovely skirt I saw yesterday that twirled in the most enchanting manner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Timothy said...

8th june is your birthday right paul? Happy birthday and many blessings upon you...may you always stay happy, healthy and lucky always :)

June 9, 2009 at 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home